The Relay Planned-Spend Account is a non-qualified annuity. A non-qualified annuity is funded with after-tax dollars from personal savings. By contrast, a qualified annuity is funded from pre-tax dollars (from vehicles such as a traditional IRA, 401(k), etc.) In the future, we may offer a qualified annuity option in addition to the non-qualified annuity option that we offer today.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- What is a Planned-Spend Account?
- How safe is the money in my Planned-Spend Account?
- Is the Relay Planned-Spend Account a non-qualified or qualified annuity?
- Does my initial lump sum earn interest?
- I didn’t receive my payout. What should I do?
- Can I add more funds into my Planned-Spend Account?
- If I wish to withdraw my Planned-Spend Account balance, will my funds be subject to surrender fees?
- What would happen to my Planned-Spend Account if I were to die?
- How do I close my Planned-Spend Account?